HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

cherrymints

Reaction score
Will be going HK in end July for the 3rd time.. but first time DIY-ing tix and accomodation. Decided on Metropark Hotel Kowloon as I find the the rates rather good on the jetabout website.

Can I check if Hong Kong airport / Hotel seat-in-coach transfer at SGD32 / per person per way is expensive? Cos this is the airport transfer which the hotel is providing..

Many many thanks in advance. :)

snoopy81

Reaction score
Fatality79 said:
actually hor..i am going on the 10th. Anyone knows what is good to buy in HK ? as in what is the stuff that sells cheap than singapore..i heard sports shoes...thats all?
Esprit colthings are cheap over there.

qqspot

Reaction score
cherrymints, i think you took the travel package or free and easy package.

S$32 Hotel seat-in-coach transfer is normal rate in Hong Kong.

cherrymints

Reaction score
thanks qqspot for ur reply. :)

I am DIY-ing this trip.. booked tix via JetStar le, so planning to get a room from JetAbout.com at MetroPark Kowloon Hotel, and this is the rate they are charging for their hotel's airport transfer service.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cherrymints said:
thanks qqspot for ur reply. :)

I am DIY-ing this trip.. booked tix via JetStar le, so planning to get a room from JetAbout.com at MetroPark Kowloon Hotel, and this is the rate they are charging for their hotel's airport transfer service.

If 2 persons better to take a cab. About the same price.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Referring to Tai Cheong. There is a small outlet in the food court on 5th floor of the mall next to KCR Mongkok.(not MTR)

enoone

Reaction score
Hi May i know where to get clothes for 50+ to 60+ ladies. Not expensive ones. for everyday wear kind.

cherrymints

Reaction score
s7460597 said:
If 2 persons better to take a cab. About the same price.

you mean 2 persons taking cab from airport to MetroPark Hotel Kowloon is about SGD$32/trip too? Maybe I will take a cab upon arrival but choose the hotel airport transfer service upon departure..

qqspot

Reaction score
enoone said:
Hi May i know where to get clothes for 50+ to 60+ ladies. Not expensive ones. for everyday wear kind.

[size=-1]Sham Shui Po
[/size][size=-1]en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sham_Shui_Po
[/size][size=-1]www.districtcouncils.gov.hk/ssp/english/welcome.htm
[/size][size=-1]www.hong-kong-travel.org/ShamShuiPo.asp[/size]

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
enoone said:
now that ferry terminal has shifted, how to go peak tram station from there.

the peak tram station, i took quite some time to find also from central. haha.

ok u guys need to find the cityhall, cityhall is something like this ... well how to find the cityhall? take the central mtr map from the mtr station .. see which exit nearer and follow map hehe.

img1857nj5.jpg

go opposite, there's a tunnel to walkover .. opposite there's a bus stop. pls take note

there's 2 buses to peak, and peak tram. i forget which number already lol, both buses same number, take the one with the alphabet one to the tram station. the bus stop itself will show u all the numbers so no worries on the bus number, go there u will know.

cheers.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
snoopy81 said:
Esprit colthings are cheap over there.

yar but my advise is to choose wisely and dont one time buy all, coz alot of esprit outlets there.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
takuyazzz said:
wayne...just jalan the whole street la...haha...

anyway, i'm going to the airport soon, thanks so much to everyone who has contributed information to this thread..it's been extremely useful and informative :D

wah u're gone ... lol hopefully u can find the peak tram station. enjoy!

actually can find one lar, jus take a map and u're fine .. if don't know just ask ard hehe.

alo

Reaction score
qqspot said:
Please kindly correct me if i am wrong.
Please read below URL
http://www.i-busnet.com/english/info/lantau/list.htm

Route No. Route Full Fare ( Adult ) Remarks 1 Mui Wo Ferry <> Tai O $10.0 / $16.5
2 Mui Wo Ferry <> Ngong Ping $16.0 / $25.0
3M Mui Wo Ferry <> Tung Chung Town Centre $9.8 / $15.0
3M Mui Wo Ferry <> Tung Chung Old Ferry Pier $9.8 / $15.0 Special Departures; Morning and Evening Peak Only 4 Mui Wo Ferry <> Tong Fuk $5.2 / $10.0
4 Mui Wo Ferry <> Shui Hau $5.2 / $10.0 Special Departures; Morning Peak Only 11 Tung Chung Town Centre <> Tai O $11.0 / $18.0
11 Tung Chung New Ferry Pier > Tai O $11.0 / $18.0 Special Departures; Morning Only 11 Sha Tsui Correction Centre > Tung Chung Town Centre $8.0 / $13.5 Special Departures; Afternoon Only 21 Tai O <> Ngong Ping $6.3 / $13.0
23 Tung Chung Town Centre <> Ngong Ping $16.0 / $25.0
34 Tung Chung Town Centre <> Shek Mun Kap $4.0
36 Tung Chung Town Centre <> Siu Ho Wan $4.0 Circular
N1 Mui Wo Ferry > Tai O $16.0 / $25.0 Overnight Service

http://www.i-busnet.com/english/info/lantau/list.htm

pardon me for my ignorance but from above it really seems like bus 2 goes from mui wo to ngong ping.. so does it go from tai o to tung chung too? *confused*

universe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
are you chinese?
if so, you can ask the driver or check out the signs at the bus-stop
it's written in chinese...
if you are not chinese, IIRC, there's also english signage on the bus-stop

tt time when i went, i also dunno which bus goes where, but i can read the sign from the bus-stop, forget if it's chinese or english, but i strongly believe there's english as well.

qqspot

Reaction score
alo said:
pardon me for my ignorance but from above it really seems like bus 2 goes from mui wo to ngong ping.. so does it go from tai o to tung chung too? *confused*
Hi Alo, I had been to Tai O for more then 6 times for the passt years to tase the famous Tai O Beancurd made by the Famous Ah Po Beancurd.
Tai O famous Salted Fish if you like to cook! And also Tai O Famous Dried Fish Belly, to make the Cantonese fish belly soup.

I had also tried the Tai O Tan Chai cook by charcoal, Dried Cuttlefish & Fish Belly BBQ Style.

I had been to Tai O a few times by Taxi & Bus.

Taxi cost you around HK$200+ to Tai O as is Super Fast Ride like sitting on a Blue Takumi Subaru Inital D Car...

Bus is a bumpy ride where set you to around HK$20 on your Octpous Card.ip around 45mins or more... But you will notice to pass by some nice view and prison along the way...

Bus hunmber 11 if i am not wrong. Please kindly confirm at the Tung Chung MTR Station Master if you want or the bus driver if you speak some cantonese or mandrain.

http://www.i-busnet.com/english/info/lantau/11.htm

Regards,
QQ

genlethu

Reaction score
qqspot; ya a frequent traveller to hk right? do you knows which area of hongkong can i find Headporter? anyone been there before? oh; how's the price for hp and agnes b in hk? comparing with the prices here, is it cheaper?

Last edited:

hosofshe

Reaction score
Will be going HK soon. Planned to go Macau on Fri, Tai O on Sat and Shenzhen on Sun... but is it advisable to go Shenzhen on a Sun? Hope won't be too crowded.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.