HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

qqspot

Reaction score
rerear said:
Hi thanks!

Sounds like you have good lobang for HK apartment, can you PM me details?

Planning on going to HK/Macau likely either during the National day long weekend or the upcoming Sep sch holidays (1st week of Sep).

Does anyone else has any information on where to get cheapest deals? Possible to get ~400-500 during these peak times for ~3d2n FE?

Thanks.
I had drop you a PM and please kindly leave PM me yoru mobile number?

If not please kindly contact me at +65 8163 1757 or sms me to +852 66849763

qqspot

Reaction score
Daniel134 said:
Paco, it's summer sale now in HK and I just got back from there. G2000 is having more than 50% discount, L/S shirts costs only S$20. you can also go to the various factory outlet as mentioned in another thread.

have fun shopping !
I just bought G2000 shirts on 25July and he designs is way muc better then Singapore and very cheap also

Only HKD 109

lol.gif

qqspot

Reaction score
shinjisan said:
err...i got my people call card wif $98 value but i paid more than $60 at airport 7-11

anyway no matter hw much i call cant finish le....its $0.25/min to call hm so u go calc hw much talk time!!

anyway so many ppl here got a NDS...any idea where i can get a bargain in hk??
also hw much is it to delivery back to sg??
cos its my last day n i dun hav time to shop ard or get one...so i wld hope i cld get my fren here to get it for me n send back to sg for me..

many tks for any info...
Anyway i can help you to buy back an NDS to Singapore if you are intrested please kindly drop me a PM!!

qqspot

Reaction score
smallie said:
everyone is playing DS there.. :s13:
OUT of 10 HK People range of Age 12 to 30+

Have at least one NDS and even my gf ask me of buy one for her...

sad.jpg

qqspot

Reaction score
icequeenz said:
you could check point 2 @ http://dbs.com/posb/posbatm/#global

eh...i don't consider the number of atms to be "many" but shd be easily found in places u guys frequent. There r afew in Central, in Admiralty, TST, Mongkok, Kwuntong/kowloonbay.

it's always safe to note down the exact places before you leave s'pore from dbs' site.
I do not think is free of charge...

Transaction Limits

• Cash withdrawal - Up to $3,000 daily.
  • Funds Transfer to third party accounts - Up to $5,000 daily.
  • Fixed Deposit placement to third party accounts - Up to $5,000 daily.
  • NETS $2,000 daily.
  • Share Trading/Rights Application $100,000 each daily.

• Over 900,000 Cirrus ATMs
  • Over 10 million Maestro retail outlets
A common service fee stil apply!!

paco

Reaction score
qqspot said:
I just bought G2000 shirts on 25July and he designs is way muc better then Singapore and very cheap also

Only HKD 109

lol.gif

Hi qqspot, any other good places for smart or nice office/casual wear? many thanks ;)

mobby80

Reaction score
flanker27 said:
musicguru and mobby80,
maybe we can meet up this weekend to talk? i already have some stuff on hand that we can use as basis for dicscussion.....do drop me pm with your contact numbers if u are interested?

Hi sure! but this weekend not available... have drop you a PM... !
Cant wait for the trip .....

paco

Reaction score
icequeenz said:

eh...i don't consider the number of atms to be "many" but shd be easily found in places u guys frequent. There r afew in Central, in Admiralty, TST, Mongkok, Kwuntong/kowloonbay.

it's always safe to note down the exact places before you leave s'pore from dbs' site.

thanks for the info, appreciate your help ;)

where did you go for shopping? (gals stuff), i can bring my gf there ;)

qqspot

Reaction score
paco said:

go to mongkok or lanham place and etc...

shinjisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
qqspot said:
Anyway i can help you to buy back an NDS to Singapore if you are intrested please kindly drop me a PM!!
err...need to confirm e price b4 i decide if i wana buy...
warranty might b an issue...

can u help me chk out wif R4 n 1GB memory wld cost me hw much??
many tks!!!

icequeenz

Reaction score
paco said:

well for my (pathetic) 48hrs stopover in HK last last weekend, after meeting the entire extended family for meals, i had only one sunday morning to shop. 3hours actually. i spent it at TST sogo and esprit outlet.

i would suggest fa yuen street..those shops in the buildings. some of them carry factory rejects/excess. i once had a cut-tag quiksilver jacket for 180hkd, lovers' house tee for 120hkd. can go to grand century (mongkok KCR) from here too.

i used to frequent New Town Plaza in Shatin...but since they renovated they turned high-class...not for the budget. but still there's seiyu at NTP PhaseIII and it's quite different from what the bugis one was.

xl8080

Reaction score
As promise to qqspot bro, here a short review on the apartment i stayed during 15th - 20th July.

If you are travelling alone to HK on a budget, dun wish to stay in a hostel or find hotel to be too expensive, this is a place tt you might wanna consider. It is actually located btwn causeway bay stn and wanchai stn. the apartment is abt 5-7 mins walk to the nearest MTR stn (causeway bay).it is not exactly near to the MTR stn, so maybe aft a long day of shopping and walking, u still needa walk a distance before u can have ur rest.

Room wise, 1st impression is rather small though but is just nice for 1 person to stay. Cleanliness of the room is still acceptable lah. No housekeeping everyday. Has the basics what a hotel room have : single sized bed, TV, fridge, wardrobe, bathroom, even wifi (but i keep encounter frequent DC!), no safe deposit box though. Only thing i wanna complain is the sink, i am so not used to brushing teeth without a mirror in-front of me.There are 7-11, watsons, 24hrs cha chan ting downstairs. No worries if u are hungry in the middle of the nite.

For people who wanna try the HongKonger lifestyle, this is a place to consider because a hotel cant give u this experience.

qqspot

Reaction score
paco said:
Hi qqspot, any other good places for smart or nice office/casual wear? many thanks ;)
There lots of shops in MOngkok, G2000, Esprit and Zara which is much cheaper if there a sale in HK

Try harbour city at TST

ATT756546.gif

Regards,
QQ

qqspot

Reaction score
shinjisan said:
err...need to confirm e price b4 i decide if i wana buy...
warranty might b an issue...

can u help me chk out wif R4 n 1GB memory wld cost me hw much??
many tks!!!
If you worry about the warranty then i will advise you to buy in Singapore

R4 and 1GB you can buy in SIngapore and most of the vendors come with package

Should be not more then SGD120

ATT756543.gif

Regards,
QQ

qqspot

Reaction score
shinjisan said:
anyone knws where i can still find e mini octopus card??
Whole HK SOLD OUT!

It took me to run around 1/2 of the HK ISLAND to find just 1 lucky mini octpus card@!!

ATT756543.gif

qqspot

Reaction score
xl8080 said:
As promise to qqspot bro, here a short review on the apartment i stayed during 15th - 20th July.

For people who wanna try the HongKonger lifestyle, this is a place to consider because a hotel cant give u this experience.
Thanks for the review..

I do encounter DC from the WIFI but what i had done to solve this problem is to disconnect the router for 15 mins and connect back and the internet become super fast liao

Regards,
QQ

ATT756543.gif

Please do try the HK Apartments if you really want to experience HK!!

smallie

Master Member
Reaction score
icequeenz said:

mm.. dbs is a giant in Singapore.. in HK, it's only a small fly as compared to big giants like HSBC and Standard Chart.. :s22:

shinjisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
qqspot said:
Whole HK SOLD OUT!

It took me to run around 1/2 of the HK ISLAND to find just 1 lucky mini octpus card@!!

ATT756543.gif
i saw a shop sellin it for HKD168 which is $100 more!!

anyway regardin e NDS e warranty part is nt a big issue...more concern on hw much savin i cld get
do keep me updated on e price of NDS with R4+1GB card n e shop i can get cheap...

Many tks!!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.